Led (Light Emitting Diode) light therapy is a non invasive, painless method to gently and effectively treat a range of skin problems and conditions. Led therapy originated from NASA’s research into ways of growing plants in space without the benefit of sun and the earth’s atmosphere. This research entailed shining LED’s on plants to see if they regenerated their cells.
These studies were successful and with the help of the Department of Defence other studies were undertaken to determine the success of regeneration within human cells. The result confirmed that human cells do regenerate and in fact wounds bathed in LED light, healed 4 to 5 times faster without any side effects.
The benefits of LED therapy:
- allows greater cell functioning within the cells increasing cell interaction and cell metabolism. This energy can be converted into fuel, enabling production of proteins and enzymes essential for building and repair
- boosts fibroblast activity = more collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid, resulting in a plumper and more youthful appearance
- can kill certain bacteria ie. P. Acnes found in acne skin
- strengthens delicate, compromised or damaged skin
- can normalise the development of pigment in the skin and help fade pigmentation.